Yosemite Chapel in the Snow

This little wooden chapel was designed by San Francisco architect Charles Geddes in the Carpenter Gothic style in 1889. It was originally built in the “Lower Village” as called then, its site at the present day trailhead of the Four Mile Trail. The chapel was moved to its present location in 1901. It continues to serve the community and public to this day.